Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Thai Bananas in Coconut Milk


 I love this Thai dessert. I have made it several times but it never made it to my blog! I would say most people would like it cause it is so soft and delicate. Amazingly I had all the ingredients at home, so I thought: it's the day.

INGREDIENTS:
-1 Can of coconut milk (400 ml).
-4 large bananas.
-2 tablespoons of super fine sugar (caster sugar).
-a pinch of salt.
-the juice of half an orange.
-about 6 or 7 leaves of mint chopped up.
-4 tablespoons of toasted nuts.

STEPS:
1. Slice up the bananas and place in a pot with coconut milk, sugar and the salt.
2. For 5 minutes heat up, stirring gently until it boils. Quickly remove from heat (or the bananas will get way too soggy).
3. Now add the orange juice and the mint leaves chopped up.
4. Decorate with the toasted nuts, that you have previously toasted for 3 minutes.

That's it. Very good and you can serve it cold or hot. It's a great natural dessert. I love the way Thai desserts are so natural.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment