Wednesday, November 11, 2020

5 Ingredient Cauliflower Soup


       

I love October and November. Don't you think they are magic months? I love the leaves, the cold coming, but not too cold, the shorter days, the streets of people going about in the darkness, and soups at night. And of course there is Thanksgiving! which takes me to my true loves in life, my beloved writers, Puritans and the Founding fathers...

Enough of that, I wanted to post this recipe that I did last year which reminds me of farm living. Very simple but healthy, good and comforting and only 5 ingredients. Here is the original recipe I followed. 

INGREDIENTS:

-1 Cauliflower.
-1 onion.
-1 spoonful of butter.
-1 spoonful of flour.
-1 chicken/veggie stock.
-1,5 litres of water.
-Italian herbs, pepper, salt, etc.

STEPS:

1. Melt the butter in a pot, and now add the flour and create paste.
2. Add the water and the stock and stir until it is all well dissolved.
3. In the meantime dice up the onions and add to pot. Bring to a boil.
4. Now add the cauliflower cut up in small florets and bring it to a boil again and then reduce to a simmer, and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes. 
5. Season the soup with Italian herbs, pepper, and chili peppers.
5. Now puree the whole soup with a hand blender.

That's it. I love this easy homy soup. The key is the seasoning, so add any you fancy. 


    In the Orchard House, Little Women home in Concord, Massachusetts

    No comments:

    Post a Comment