Saturday, February 27, 2021

Easy Monkey Bread with Doughnuts.







An easy dessert that I would say everyone would love. Really sugar and cinammon is a winner mix. So many recipes out there but they seemed, boy, complex. So i found this one somewhere but thought oh great idea, so I gave it a go today. I have no idea where the recipe is, but this my version of reading over 4 or 5.

INGREDIENTS:

-12 sugar doughnuts (like coated with sugar).
-6 tablespoons of brown sugar, like american brown sugar,
or coconut sugar, or muscovado sugar or cane sugar or panela sugar.
-2 teaspoons of cinnamon.

-125 grams of melted butter.

STEPS:

1. Cut up the doughnuts in bits with scissors. I cut mine like in 8 pieces each.
2. Place them in a plastic bag and add 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and the cinnamon.  Shake well until it is all well coated. Remember that there is a ton of sugar already in the doughnuts! So you do not need that much.
3. In the meantime melt the butter in a pot and add the rest of the sugar to create this great syrup.
4. Now put back the coated doughnuts pieces into a bowl and pour half this super hot syrup and stir well until it is all well coated. Stir and stir quick so that the syrup is distributed evenly.
5. Now put baking paper on the container you are going to bake it in. Now place all the doughnut balls and pour the rest of the mix over the surface. Pack it down with a spoon a little so that is more compact.
6. Now place in oven for 30 minutes, fire only below, not top for about 20 or 30 minutes.

That's it. Let it cool off there for a while and you then tip it over! it is so easy to make it come out with the baking paper. It's pretty yummy I'd say. My nephews really liked it. I did too, although tonight I definitely need to run to burn it! haha but worth it.
Man my photos are not very good, sorry.




No comments:

Post a Comment