Thursday, April 13, 2023

Succulent Tomato Sauce




So you buy a bunch of fresh basil and it is great for your curry or laksa. And then what do you do with the rest of the leaves that going bad, withering in seconds? 

One of my many flatmates in this life, taught me this italian tomato sauce recipe. Easy and tasty. I made it the other day and I just could not stop licking the spoon. I figured I'd write it down here so that I can recreate it.

INGREDIENTS
-1 can of peeled tomatoes (400 grams) 
-a little oil.
-3 garlic cloves smashed.
-3 sticks of fresh rosemary.
-a bunch of basil leaves.
-any random tomatoes you have in your fridge.
-1 tsp of salt.
-1 tsp of sugar.


STEPS:
1. Pour tomatoes in saucepan, a little water, a little oil and smash tomatoes a bit.
2. Now add garlic cloves that you have smashed a bit, the rosemary sticks, the sugar and the salt, and now let it all simmer for over an hour, stirring slowly. An amazing sauce begins to appear....you can let it simmer for 2 hours altogether. 
3. At the end of this time, I add the basil, not before otherwise it kills the flavour.
4. When it is done I pick up the rosemary stems and throw them out and the same with the garlic. 
5. I completed this sauce with grated carrots, red onions and 400 grams of true mince and of course spaghetti.


That's it. Such a wonderful wonderful sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment