Tuesday, August 1, 2023

My Salad Dressing


 There is nothing more annoying that to have spent 1 hour cooking a main dish and now, of course, you still need to do the salad...seriously. Who has time or energy to season it decently? sometimes I eat the leaves raw cause I am just fed up of cooking.

And this is why it has taken me 13 years to publish a recipe of salad dressing, cause in all these years, I just could not be bothered to make one!

But our trip to Australia taught me a great trick that I do not want to forget. My mother in-law, the queen of salads, adds always a little bit of syrup to them! it is sheer magic, they taste so good. So I figured I could add this to a salad dressing. 

So here is my invention for you all. My dressing is 150 ml total, by the way.

INGREDIENTS:
-80 ml of olive oil.
-20 ml of balsamic vinegar.
-25 ml of apple vinegar.
-25 ml of maple syrup.
-1 tsp of salt.
-some cracked pepper.
-some rosemary, thyme, oregano, and dukah.

No recipe! 
mix it all together and give it a good stir in your jar. Obviously you can correct the flavour, if it is too salty, or sweet or bitter....just add more of the opposite ingredient, but I think my recipe is a great balance.

I'd say Paul Newman would congratulate me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment