Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Pork ribs and Corn soup



 A wonderful chinese classic that most chinese kids grow up eating. I  can't remember where I saw this soup, thus, I will not have a link and this is my version, but I have made it several times and it has very warm and comforting flavour, bony but sweet. We are back from Australia, where I have gotten lots of inspiration for new recipes. I needed that.

Anyway, I made this one today and was inspired to write it down because it turned out very well.

INGREDIENTS:
-2 litres of water.
.300 grams of pork ribs.
-2 corn cobs.
-some garlic.
-a few green onions stalls.
-1 parsnip in slices.
-some white pepper.
-some black pepper.
-1 tsp of salt.

STEPS:
1. Place some garlic in big pot and sautee.
2. Now add the ribs and brown them a bit for a few minutes.
3. Now add the 2 litres of water and the corn and bring it all to a boil.
4. Now add the salt, the pepper, and add the green onions that you have diced up previously.
5. Bring it all to a boil again quickly and then simmer in low heat.  Slowly you will be getting a great great broth, this is the trick of chinese soups, slowly you stew the bones.
6. You can then remove the ribs and corn and cut it all up to make it all more convenient to eat. I basically cut off the corn kernels and get the meat off the ribs.

So nice! perfect for winter this recipe is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment