Thursday, March 16, 2023

Great Chicken Broth




 Okay, so this broth is very good. Liquid gold, the author calls it. Here is the recipe. I'm very impressed at this lady Marion. Her recipes are winners. 

My only variation of her recipe is adding a celery stick to the equation. Obviously her recipe is for more volume, more soup. 

INGREDIENTS:

-2 litres of water 
-1 free range chicken skeleton
-1 clove of garlic smashed.
-1 green onion.
-1 celery stalk (my addition)
-1-2 bay leaves (my addition)
-3 slices of ginger.
-some peppercorns.
-1 teaspoons of salt.
-1 prawn (optional at the end)

STEPS:

1. First of all, you are much better off watching the video she has in her recipe. It is a great video. But anyway, basically you need to put all the ingredients above in a pot, bring it all to a boil and then let it simmer for 1 hour or so. 
Just remember to smash a little with the blade of the knife the ingredients: the peppercorn, the garlic, the green onion so the flavours come out in the water easier.
2. After that I let it cool off and basically I let it all sit down in the stove for 1 day (obviously when it is cold, NOT in summer). The flavours get richer the longer you let it sit there. Then I put the whole thing in the fridge and the grease after some hours comes up to the surface.
3. After that, or even after 2 days, I throw in the trash everything that's in the pan and put the broth through a fine sieve.
4. And voila! there you have your great broth. Season it maybe with more salt if you want.

Pics: Singapore, the country of fines.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment