Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Roasted cabbage with bacon

Back a while ago I made this recipe that rocked my world, but never posted. So here it is. This is one you gotta try it.



Question: what is one to do with a cabbage??  Boil it?? That's really all I can think of....


But looking into my friend Lisa's cooking blog, I saw this idea about roasting cabbage with a little of bacon. Like my friend Tep says: "Anything tastes better with bacon". 

So this is what you need to knock off the socks of your guests:
  • 1 cabbage (medium to small)
  • 5 slices of bacon.
  • olive oil.
  • grounded pepper.
  • an oven that works.

So on I went and bought a whole cabbage and sliced it into wedges. Then I sprinkled olive oil and pepper and then I chopped up the bacon and just distributed on top of the cabbage. I roasted in on 180 degrees for about 30-40 minutes. Just make sure it doesnt burn.


Done! amazing, honestly the combination of flavours of this dish is SUPERB. I had no idea cabbage could taste so good...



This recipe is  so rustic, it makes me think of farms, like this one of my friend Angela in Michigan. I think this dish is ideal for Christmas or for a special dinner night.  

Anyway, enjoy!



2 comments: