Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Marmitako

Today is day number 5 in quarantine. I think I am beginning to enjoy this!


Today I realized that it is more realistic to post a new recipe every two days, than one recipe every day, otherwise I won't have that much for other things.

So today I am making marmitako. I had honestly wanted to post this recipe since 2014, this is no joke, and here we are only 6 years later. It seems that only a pandemia can stop us on our tracks in the world we live in (sigh)

This is a recipe my mom taught me many years ago that she used to cook for my grandfather. I love it!

INGREDIENTS: 

  • 300 grams of salmon.
  • 1 small onion.
  • 1 small red pepper or green pepper.
  • 1 clove of garlic.
  • 10 small potatoes or 2 or 3 big ones.
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Sweet paprika.
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Spicy paprika.
  • 1 fish stock cube.
STEPS:




  1. Dice up the onion, garlic and pepper and sautee in saucepan for 10 minutes till is is all brown and gold.
  2. Add the paprikas, and sautee.
  3. Now add the potatoes that you have diced up and mix all together.
  4. Now cover it all with water till you no longer see the potatoes.
  5. Add the fish stock cube (this is very important) and let it all simmer till the potatoes cook, approximately 15 minutes.
  6. When the potatoes are soft and pretty much done, add the salmon in cubes.
  7. Add a little more water in needed, and voila, you've got an awesome tasty dish

Kenton could not believe how good this recipe was. It is truly a keeper, and so easy! 
(Sorry photos above are a little out of order)

1 comment: