Thursday, March 11, 2021

Coconut Slices = What to do with coconut pulp-




Now that I have been making coconut milk I have all this coconut pulp left. Do you? Well don't throw it away, you can make desserts!  

Australians are suckers for coconut! must be the influence of the asians, so I found a good recipe, perfect for all that pulp, I mean you do not even have to dry it out. I reduced the sugar of this recipe, the original one called for 3/4 cup but I added 1/2 and it was perfect (for my taste).

INGREDIENTS:

-1 cup of flour.
-1 teaspoon of baking powder.
-1 cup of coconut pulp.
-125 g butter melted.
-1/2 cup of milk.
-1 tsp of vanilla extract.
-1/2 cup of sugar.
-2 eggs.
-1/4 teaspoon of salt.

For the icing:
-1 teaspoon of butter.
-50 grams of icing sugar.
-1 drop of food coloring.
-1 tablespoon of boiling water.
-1/2 cup of coconut.

STEPS:

1. Combine flour, salt, sugar, coconut and melted butter in bowl and mix well with fork. It should become a thick paste.
2. Now add the eggs, milk and vanilla and mix well. 
3. Spread the thick mixture into a tray with baking paper (everybody's solutions to life baking paper), and bake for 40 minutes to 180 degrees or whatever it takes. 
4. If it is too white on top, turn grill on for a few minutes, to give it a lovely golden tone.
5. Now you have two options, you can wait for it to cool off and the do the icing and then spread the coconut on top, or straight after the oven you can sprinkle it with lots of coconut and will stick to the top cause it is still wet. 

I did the icing but next time I will definitely just spread the coconut because it is too sugary for me with icing. By the way as you can see I ate half of the cake before I could decorate it...it was real good.  
 

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment