Thursday, March 4, 2021

How to make Peanut Butter




I had no idea peanut butter was so easy! 

but I can also see the benefits of buying it! ha. Kenton is addicted to peanut butter, he buys one jar per week. Yup, that's right, I am not kidding.  

So I made this and I was so happy! Finally we could save some money every week! this peanut butter works out to be 1 euro per jar, and his is 4 euro. But then he announced me to that he prefers the one he busy at Bangladeshi.....

Anyway, here is the recipe! it is a good one. Well done Big Bold Baking. 

INGREDIENTS:
-2 cups (284 grams) of roasted salted peanuts.
-1,5 tablespoons of honey.
-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil (but never olive oil).
-a strong food processor.

1. Grind up your peanuts with a strong food processor. I used my hand mixer and let's say it was nearly the last time I used, nearly broke it. Do not do it with a hand mixer, it's just too much the paste it creates. 
2. When you have the fine paste after grinding your peanuts for about 2 minutes in your strong food processor, add the oil and the honey. 
3. Grind again and that's it.

Gemma calls for 2 tablespoons of honey, I think it is a great ratio, but if you like it less sweet add 1 tablespoon or 1,5. Also you can add a little more oil, but I liked mine more like this.

This is a great discovery. I even put it in a peanut butter jar I had! 

              

No comments:

Post a Comment