Saturday, May 18, 2024

Peanut and Vegggies Noodles




This recipe has reminded me that I have been cooking functional food for about 6 months. Here is the reason:  Stress, stress, studying, sicknesses, more stress, studying, more sicknesses, ankle sprained and more stress. 

Don't you guys agree that cooking is a sheer nightmare when life is overwhelming? And yet it has to be done if you want to remotely function.

But this recipe looked so good and now that I am done with my exam (which I am 90% sure I will fail), I needed to do it because I was sure it was going to be a keeper and of course it is. I asked Kenton about this he said: "Heck yeah, why are you still standing there?".

But first of all, I want to thank Deb Perelman for making my life SO MUCH BETTER. Seriously, you are wonderful Deb. Life is rough but your recipes have made my life so much richer, not just because the food is great, but simply having your creativity and blog and writing in this world. I just love you and I also love New York. 

INGREDIENTS: 
For sauce: 
-1/2 cup of peanut butter (4 or 5 heaped tablespoons).
-1/4 cup of soy sauce.
-1 tablespoon of ginger grated.
-1 garlic clove grated.
-2 tablespoons. of rice vinager (or really any)
-1 +1/2 tablespoons of sesame oil.
-1 tablespoon of honey.
-1 tablespoon of chili oil with flakes, or pepper flakes or some spicy sauce.
-1/3 cup of water.
-Sesame seeds (for decoration: totally optional).

For the noodles: Some noodles, any you want, wheat, soba, whatever.

For the veggies: raw veggies cut in slices like ...
-carrots 
-cucumbers,
-peppers 
-green onions cut all in slices. 

For the meat: cooked chicken or tofu cut in cubes.
STEPS:
1. I mean the steps are simple. Cook the chicken and cut it in cubes seasoning with salt-pepper.
2. Cut the veggies in slices and put in Tupperware container. 
3. Cook the noodles, usually 5 minutes in boiling water and cool them off with cold water.
4. Make the sauce. Stir it well and thin it out with water.

And that's it guys. Throw it all together for a great tasty meals. This dish can be cold or hot, so it is perfect for summer too, and if you want it warm stick it in microwave for 30 seconds. 

The hardest part of this dish is not eating the whole bowl of peanut sauce....it is so good it will knock your socks and the ball out of the park! 

I made double actually and will freeze half. :) 

The photos are Valencia, not Australia, although
it surely looks like Oz...like Northern Territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment